Thursday, May 3, 2012

Portraits from the Congo

After skimming through the pictures from: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/02/portraits_from_the_congo.html. I really feel different.  I feel different, in a way that I can't even imagine what those people must have gone through....

  • #7 Picture of kids- Whenever I see a kid, no matter how rich or how poor, I see such a sweet innocent person.  After seeing the pictures of those kids who are wearing tattered clothing and carrying some quite-heavy items, I just can't help but feel something.  Also, in the picture there is one boy who is smiling. I think it's amazing how kids can still be happy no matter their situation, and it just tells me again how young and innocent they are at their ages.
  • #14 Friends- In this picture, two friends, who are no older than 10, have just finished leg surgery, because of leg deficiencies.  This was the result of a war in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which lasted for 15 years!  We must give thanks for charities, like Stand Proud, who have nursed and operated on many children who have had devastating consequences from the war (including: Polio and Leg defects).
  • #17 Music- People in places with no necessities (ex. food, water, shelter, electricity, etc.) have the hardest weight on their shoulders.  I think it's amazing that people there can still find joy in things, like Music.  In this picture, a man who lives in a place with no electricity, is playing an electric guitar.  
All the pictures in this website are very different and heart-warming.  It really makes you think about not just them, but yourself.  Personally, what I take out of these pictures is, how lucky I am.  God has blessed me with a family, home, food, and all the necessities that are necessary to live; and more. I now feel more thankful for what I have received and gave, to not just myself, but to all the people I care about also.

No comments:

Post a Comment